How Much Can a RAM 2500 Tow?
The 2020 RAM 2500 is in Tacoma, updating both the performance and the interior amenities on this legendary truck. But how much can a RAM 2500 tow? We hope you’re sitting down, because the answer is 19,680 pounds when your truck is properly equipped. Read below to learn more about RAM 2500 towing capacity, technology, and more from Tacoma Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram.
2020 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity: Engines and Specs
RAM trucks come in three different models, increasing their capabilities as they go along. The 2500 sits right in the middle and delivers plenty of towing for Spanaway drivers looking for a capable work truck. With a starter V8 engine, you don’t even need to max out towing capability to get a powerful truck:
Standard 6.4L HEMI® V8 Engine:
- Max Towing:17,540 pounds
- Max Payload: 4,010 pounds
- Horsepower: 410 hp
- Torque: 429 Ib-ft
Available 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 Engine:
- Max Towing: 19,680 pounds
- Max Payload: 3,160 pounds
- Horsepower: 370 hp
- Torque: 850 Ib-ft
2020 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity: Performance Features
A great pickup doesn’t simply provide Lakewood drivers with raw power. That’s why the RAM 2500 is engineered to keep you in control on any Gig Harbor job thanks to tons of advanced trailering features:
- Dynamic Centerline Display with Hitch Assist: This display uses the camera trailer system and even sightlines to make sure you’re hitching the trailer as perfectly as possible.
- Trailer Camera Wiring System: This system can accommodate two cameras on your trailer and sends the feed directly into your touchscreen. This feature allows for safer towing as you’re able to see what’s going on in and around your trailer.
- 12,000 Pound Warn® Zeon-12 Winch: Designed to be lightweight yet tough, so it won’t get dinged up even on heavy-duty jobs.
- Bed Lowering Mode: Can be controlled remotely so you can load an unload with ease.
Test Drive a RAM 2500 at Tacoma Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Today!
With Tacoma Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, Tacoma drivers can research their future trucks and decide on their ideal vehicle. You can compare the RAM 1500 and 2500, find out who owns RAM on our website, and see the RAM 2500 for yourself by contacting us today!
Learn More at Tacoma Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
Year after year, the RAM 1500 proves itself a dependable and capable pickup truck for work sites and adventures alike. The 2023 model continues this tradition. It is prepared to tackle any tough task, and it provides the latest technology to ensure that you can tow confidently and safely. So, how much can a RAM…
A plug-in hybrid version of the all-terrain champ, the new Wrangler 4xe is an exciting addition to the lineup. The 2023 model comes in four trim levels, each equipped with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine and two electric motors. Curious about the 2023 Jeep Wrangler 4xe specs? Check out this guide from Tacoma Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram to learn about…
Legendary capability electrified — the 2023 Jeep Wrangler completely changes the way you can adventure around Spanaway. This model features hybrid innovation to maximize efficiency without sacrificing all that the Wrangler is known for. In fact, the 2023 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity proves that the Wrangler is up for whatever challenge lies ahead. Learn more…